NABCo was a grand ploy to hoodwink unsuspecting Ghanaians for votes – CFR

The Coalition for Restoration (CFR) has expressed concern over the plight of NABCO personnel who have been stranded and left on their own for the past five months.



In a statement released today, Monday 31st January, 2022 the group says the “fun fair, the razzmatazz” that heralded the launch of the Nation’s Builders Corps (NABCo) programme in 2018 created a “false impression that was put in the public domain to mislead unsuspecting Ghanaians that, the problem of unemployment had been resolved for good”.

- Advertisement -

Per the statement, the case of the “NABCo beneficiaries is beginning to sound like those days when Dr Bawumia was the economic advisor for the government of Zimbabwe. It was the practice that, each election year, government would employ all Zimbabweans but immediately after the elections, they would retrench all of them.”

“Many right thinking Ghanaians suspected that, NABCo was a clear attempt to replicate the Zimbabwean trick under President Nana Addo in Ghana”, the statement indicated.

The group describes the refusal of the Nana Addo and Bawumia lead government to pay the NABCo beneficiaries their allowances for the past five (5) months as “callous, cruel and the manifestation of evil heart”.

The CFR is therefore demanding that:

  1. The NaBCo beneficiaries are given permanent placements as promised.

 

  1. Secondly, their arrears should be paid to them as quickly as possible to relieve them from the excruciating hardships daily humiliation that they are currently going through for owing people to enable transport themselves to work.

 

  1. In the event that government is unable to satisfy the above, it should pay them a handsome termination package for their time.

 

Read the full statement below:

 

COALITION FOR RESTORATION (CFR)

 

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

31-01-2022




Nana Addo and Bawumia caught in a massive web of political deception as NaBCo now remains an albatross on their head

———————————-

The Coalition for Restoration (CFR) is alarmed and saddened at the nonchalant attitude of government towards the plight of young men and women of the Nation’s Builders Corps (NABCo) who have been stranded and left on their own some five months ago.

It is still fresh in our minds, the fun fair, the razzmatazz that heralded the launch of NABCo in 2018 and the false impression that was put in the public domain to mislead unsuspecting Ghanaians that, the problem of unemployment had been resolved for good.

The case of these NABCo beneficiaries is beginning to sound like those days when Dr Bawumia was the economic advisor for the government of Zimbabwe. It was the practice that, each election year, government would employ all Zimbabweans but immediately after the elections, they would retrench all of them.

Many right thinking Ghanaians suspected that, NABCo was a clear attempt to replicate the Zimbabwean trick under President Nana Addo in Ghana. In order words, there was no sincerity in providing employment to the youths, except to exploit them for electoral purposes and to hoodwink unsuspecting Ghanaians for their votes.

However, the treatment being meted out these young lads after the elections is callous, cruel and the manifestation of evil heart.

These beneficiaries are currently owed over five (5) months of their meager allowances and no one seems care. Not even the Government officials who used them for their political objectives care anymore.

- Advertisement -

It is the height of insensitivity not pay these youngsters for five (5) months in these hard times when the president and all his appointees have been drawing their monthly salaries without fail.

There is incontrovertible evidence where the president himself is on record to have has said that the beneficiaries would be mainstreamed in public sector upon completion. It therefore came to us as a shock to see directives requesting that all NaBCo beneficiaries vacate their post on grounds that the program has ended, a decision which was reversed by government against the public backlash from the citizenry.

The elections have ended and there is probably no need for NaBCo so we are not surprised that government seems to be discordant, flip-flopping over the issue and not being able to take a decision.

What is even more disturbing is the fact that, both the President and his Vice are sitting unconcerned when some of these NABCO people are being humiliated and chased out by heads of agencies where they are serving.

Obviously, the claim that NaBCo beneficiaries were either going to be mainstreamed with an exit plan was just a palpable lie.

The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NaBCo is still at post and drawing salaries.

The question is, will this CEOs office be dissolved now that there seem to be an end to the program?

 

CFR is by this release calling on government to be certain on the fate of these young men and women and treat them fairly.

 

To this end, we demand that:

 

  1. The NaBCo beneficiaries are given permanent placements as promised.

 

  1. Secondly, their arrears should be paid to them as quickly as possible to relieve them from the excruciating hardships daily humiliation that they are currently going through for owing people to enable transport themselves to work.

 

  1. In the event that government is unable to satisfy the above, it should pay them a handsome termination package for their time.

 

Signed:

Jerry John Gyasi Mensah

(Communications Officer)

0249980824

 

Kobby Mensah

(Executive Member)

0543803339

……………………………


Send your news stories to

ghnewsavenue@gmail.com

- Advertisement -

Source Ghananewsavenue.com