Huawei P50 4G with Snapdragon 888 gets a global arrival timeline
Since the ban on Huawei by the U.S., the company has been struggling in the smartphone market. Due to the lack of Google Mobile Services on its smartphones, non-Chinese users are not so keen on its devices. The company has since stated that it will neither give up on the smartphone market nor sell its smartphone business. To this end, it has been releasing smartphones in China and sometimes globally. Today, the Huawei nova 9 was unveiled in Europe with a 499 euros starting price. This phone will officially go on sale in Europe on November 2. According to recent reports from TheVerge, the flagship Huawei P50 will also launch outside China.
The report claims that the company will unveil the Huawei P50 flagship smartphone outside China next year. This is the first time in two years that Huawei will be launching a high-end P-series flagship outside China. The last Huawei P40 had a global release in 2020. If the Huawei P50 eventually arrives in 2022, that means it took two years.
The Huawei P50 comes with a 6.5-inch OLED full screen, a refresh rate of 90Hz, a resolution of 2700 × 1224. Under the hood, this device comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 flagship processor, an Adreno 660 GPU, and 8GB RAM. On the rear, it has a 50MP main camera, a 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 12MP telephoto shooter. The battery capacity of this smartphone is 4100 mAh and it supports a 66W wired fast charge.
Huawei P50 specifications
- 6.5-inch (2700 x 1224 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate,300Hz touch sampling rate, P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 888 4G 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB RAM with 128GB /256GB storage
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dual SIM
- 50MP True-Chroma Camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP periscope telephoto camera with 5x zoom, up to 80x digital zoom, OIS, f/3.4 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 156.5 ×73.8 ×7.92mm; Weight: 181g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE,GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4100mAh (typical) battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge
It is worth noting that the global version of the Huawei P50 will not pre-install Google services like the European version of Huawei nova 9. Furthermore, it will also not support the 5G network. This is very important information for potential buyers of this smartphone. Also, the global version will likely not come with the HarmonyOS system.